Once your friends and family are gathered around your brand new, beautiful concrete fire pit, you need to supply the snacks and entertainment! Aside from roasting marshmallows over the glow of the fire, there are so many recipes you can cook for your friends and family over your fire pit.
Chocolate + Graham Crackers + Marshmallows = AMAZING. This classic snack has been passed down from generation to generation, each with their own personal variations. Check out some of these awesome s’mores adaptations and recipes:
- Nutella and Banana S’mores
- Salty Caramel Bacon S’mores
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter S’mores
- Caramel-Drizzled S’mores
Looking for a great dinner option for your friends and family? How about hotdogs? Just like a marshmallow, stick a hotdog on the end of a stick and get roasting!
Quick tip: keep the hotdog buns warm by resting them near the fire to get golden brown. Make sure that the stone or rock you rest the hotdog buns is clear of dirt or leaves before you do so. Of course, you can always use a plate or paper towel to keep your hotdog buns clear of dirt and smoke from the fire.
To make baked potatoes over your fire pit, follow these steps:
1. Wash your potatoes and poke holes in each potato.
2. Spread butter and salt on the skin of the potatoes.
3. Wrap your potatoes in tin foil and let them sit in hot coals for approximately 25-35 minutes. Another option is to position a wire rack above the flames and rest your baked potatoes there.
4. Carefully, and safely, take the potatoes out after the allotted baking time. Unwrap and enjoy!
Use these delicious fire pit recipes the next you have family and friends over to hang out around the fire pit. Don’t have a fire pit? Call Creative Concrete Solutions today to get started. 615.289.8823.