You’ll Have Plenty of Options
Same as tile or marble, concrete is unlimited in its colors and patterns. It’ll also stay true to its color. You won’t have to worry about the stain fading, chipping, or peeling.
The stain literally stains the concrete. And you know how tough stains are to get out! With a sealant, your floor will stay looking new.
Two Types of Stained Concrete
- Acid-based stains – react chemically to the concrete’s composition. They can create a translucent, marble effect.
- Water-Based Stains – fill the pores on the concrete’s surface. Since it isn’t a chemical reaction, a consistent color is more likely.
Stained Concrete is Low-Maintenance
It’s both durable and doesn’t need much to stay looking new. To protect the stain, a sealant is added to outdoor concrete and will occasionally need to be resealed as needed.
Indoor concrete floors should have wax applied occasionally. Other than that, the only upkeep is to clean it as it gets dirty with a dry mop or an occasional wet mop with a neutral-pH cleaner.
Why Your Floor May Look Different From Expected
There are some factors that can impact the final result of your stained concrete floor, such as its condition, age, and surface porosity. Its history can also factor into how the stain reacts to your concrete.
If there were previous spills, glue, or coatings, some of the stains may penetrate the concrete unevenly.
Stained Concrete Should be Left to the Professionals
We aren’t just saying this to make a sale. Any concrete professional will tell you the same: staining isn’t a do-it-yourself project. Even though it can be done, doesn’t mean it should be done.
Here are a few reasons why letting a professional stain your concrete is a good idea:
- Existing concrete needs to be evaluated on its condition to know how to apply a stain and how the stain will react
- It can be difficult to choose the right one; Stains available in stores won’t be as permanent as professional-grade stains
- The concrete\’s surface has to be prepped the right way
- Problems can arise during the staining process
- A professional can finish the job faster
- If the stain doesn’t turn out the way you want, you aren’t stuck with it
So, if you are considering stained concrete for your Middle Tennessee flooring, contact us at Creative Concrete Solutions, and we’ll send you a free quote according to your needs.